LiveWire Network Peer Answers Peer Support Teen Forums Tech Forums College Forums 232 users online 275509 members 30 active today Advertise Here Sign In
TeenCollegeTechPhotos | Quizzes | LiveSecret | Memberlist | Dictionary | FAQ
You have 1 new message.
Emergency Help
Until you sign up you can't do much. Yes, it's free.

Membername:
Password:
Already have an account?
Invite Friends
Active Members
Groups
Contests
Moderators
0 online / 0 MPM
Fresh Topics
  LiveWire / My Forums / Prof Reviews / Psychology / Detail

(+) Add Review
Nelson, Holly
Psychology
Average Rating: 4.5
Reviews
Posted Oct. 18, 2006 at 9:10pm
Teaching Style: Mainly Lecture
Grading: Hard
Availability Outside Class: Poor
Homework Load: High
Intro to Primate Behavior

Overall Rating: 3.0

Not Recommended
Comments:
Yes to the previous reviewer. She is, indeed, very passionate about primates and mating/romantic relationships (and let me tell you, they are not mutually exclusive topics). Primate psych was a lot harder than I was expecting, considering it was a 200-level class.

There were 1-2 page thought papers due every class (3 times a week...we're talking 33 reaction papers...which were graded pretty hard!). On top of extensive article reading, an expensive textbook that we used approximately three times (and which I never understood and was unable to sell back to the bookstore).

Classes themselves were nearly all lecture, power-point presentations that she powered through. Some interesting information, some boring. LOTS of primate sex.

Holly's a very passionate person, and this certainly came across in class. But she is just not ready to be a professor--her expectations are unrealistic and flat-out too much.
Posted Dec. 17, 2005 at 3:37pm
Teaching Style: Mainly Lecture
Grading: Easy
Availability Outside Class: Average
Homework Load: Low
Intro Psych

Overall Rating: 6.0

Neutral
Comments:
She's very passionate about primate and mating/romatic relationship psych and it shows. Her lectures vary from interesting to pretty dry. If she isn't using a powerpoint with her lecture they tend to have little organization. But she'll give you a broad overview of psych.